Develop requirements for the Continuous Glucose Monitor software that runs on smart phones. Lead a squad of iOS / Android developers and testers. Collaborate with UX designers and other product owners to define testable requirements for logging glucose-related events, pairing the app with the sensor, displaying glucose recordings and related events on a trend graph, and purging data from logs kept on the smart phone. Participated in meetings to evaluate bug risk. Provided analysis and recommendations for several process improvements in the areas of new employee onboarding, Jira reporting, keeping UX mockups and development synchronized, and reducing the number of places where the same requirements are maintained.
- Created an inventory of all content in the legacy publications. Evaluated that inventory for content reuse opportunities, then mapped the legacy content into elements of the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) schema.
- Wrote the DITA Reuse Strategy and Architecture to document the justifications for the design decisions used in the content mapping.
- Researched the capability of a variety of eXtensible Markup Language (XML) editors, DITA stylesheets, XML publishing engines, and configuration management tools. Documented findings in a DITA Toolset Requirement Matrix.
- Selected, then configured and tested the Oxygen XML editor with the DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT) stylesheets, AntennaHouse publishing engine, and GIT configuration management tool.
- Wrote requirements for customizing the DITA-OT stylesheets to produce an Air Force publication that complied with all applicable specifications.
- Managed the vision, strategy, requirements, deployment, and ultimate success of the Technical Document Acquisition and Development (TDAD) product throughout its 16-year lifecycle.
- Served as the glue between stakeholders and the rest of the team, translating business requirements into practical and executable development requirements, then providing development and risk status back to stakeholders.
- Facilitated bi-weekly stakeholder process and requirement sessions with multiple Space and Naval Warfare Systems (SPAWAR) program offices to document current business processes and design process automations compliant with SPAWAR policy and strategic goals. Used stakeholder input to define business rules and technical requirements for automating content management, software configuration management, bug reporting, and change request management.
- Created and maintained the product roadmap and strategic communication plan with stakeholders, team members, and management. Conducted surveys throughout the product’s life to ensure collect market information and ensure the product was staying aligned to stakeholder needs.
- Served as the subject area expert, giving demonstrations, presentations, training, and roadshows.
- Developed and maintained business, functional, and technical requirements. Maintained requirements using Rational Unified Process (RUP) and tools. Use cases and supplemental specifications were maintained in Rational RequisitePro; use case diagrams were maintained in Rational Rose or Visio; and flowcharts, swimlane diagrams, and screen mockups were maintained in Visio. Used EMC’s eRoom application to collaborate and configuration manage various requirement, development, and test artifacts. Use FogBugz to track software issues and bugs.
- Helped the team migrate from waterfall to Agile. Served as Agile Product Manager and wrote our team’s Agile Implementation Guide. Captured and documented Epics and user/ technical stories, worked with the government Product Owner to groom the backlog, supported the Product Owner during sprint reviews and planning sessions.
- Worked closely with the Product Owner to document and manage implementation of stakeholder requirements, to include metadata, user roles and groups, access control lists, folder structures, lifecycles, workflows, and reports.
- Designed, developed and coded instructional, functional, and marketing content on the TDAD website, which provides forms, tools, policies, templates, and other resources for personnel acquiring and preparing technical manuals.
- Led bi-weekly Configuration Control Board meetings to review backlog candidates. Tracked results in FogBugz.
- Documented and managed implementation of stakeholder requirements for the eXtensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects (XSL-FO) stylesheets used by PTC’s Arbortext Publishing Engine to convert XML and multimedia files into a variety of publications that comply with the DITA or S1000D specifications.
- Worked with PTC to upgrade their Arbortext XML Editor to use a Department of Defense (DOD)-issued Common Access Card (CAC) for user authentication, and to modify their security processes to better comply with DOD requirements and timelines.
- Helped SPAWAR programs transition legacy publications to DITA and S1000D XML. Inventory legacy publication content, then create a data map that assigns legacy content to specific DITA schema elements and attributes while optimizing content reuse. Define stylesheet requirements that meet program requirements and comply with applicable specifications.
- Wrote a white paper recommending SPAWAR migrate from Documentum to PTC’s Windchill suite of products to improve compatibility with S1000D, DITA, SCORM, and a Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR) system.
- Wrote a white paper recommending an S1000D common source database (CSDB) for use at SPAWAR. Wrote a 4-year project plan, staffing plan, and budget to implement the selected S1000D CSDB.
- Wrote a cost benefit analysis for using TDAD.
- Analyzed Fleet Readiness Directorate (FRD) business processes, then created swimlane diagrams to document FRD’s change request and approval processes.
Navy Nuclear Operations
- Designed functionality and requirements for a content management system using EMC’s Documentum application.
- Wrote, maintained, estimated, and tracked the stakeholder approval status of 90 requirement use cases.
- Designed wireframes, functional mockups, and prototypes.
- Designed functionality, screen layout, navigation, user interface, and information architecture.
- Organized and led a one-on-one usability session with end users in the United Kingdom. Managed functionality and user interface requirements per end-user and customer feedback.
- Developed a style guide and coding guidelines.
- As the project expanded, I served as the requirements lead, writing, maintaining, estimating, and tracking the approval status of 90 requirement use cases.
- Worked with the Java Strut architect as necessary to create HTML templates, procedures, and coding / style standards so HTML could integrate effectively with the Java Strut tags.